Motivation and enthusiasm manifest as desire and interest, and as a driving force that pushes to take action and pursue goals. Lack of motivation and enthusiasm denotes absence or deficiency in desire, interest and driving force.
Lack of motivation and lack of enthusiasm are two of the main reasons for failure and of living a mediocre life. People lacking in motivation and enthusiasm are usually passive, blame everything and everyone for their circumstances, and often come up with many excuses why they shouldn’t or cannot do this or that. On the other hand, a motivated person is energetic and positive, takes action to improve his or her life, and does not give up when there are problems.
Lack of motivation and enthusiasm can show up everywhere, at home, at work, in relationships, in pursuing goals and in everything else. This often brings indifference, unhappiness and dissatisfaction.
What are the reasons for lack of motivation and enthusiasm?
- Lack of faith in one’s abilities.
- Fear of failure, due to failure in the past.
- Low self-esteem.
- Lack of enough interest.
- Fear of what others might say.
- The habit of procrastination.
- No awareness of the importance and usefulness of the subject or goal.
- The feeling or belief that there are other more important things to do.
- Not having the time to delve into the subject or goal.
- Being too stressed or nervous.
- Absence of enough stimuli or incentives.
The above mentioned reasons stifle motivation and enthusiasm, and are only excuses for not acting. However, you learn to overcome and disregard them, by becoming aware of them, acknowledging them, and understanding that you can change the programming of your mind.
Sometimes, people show short bursts of motivation or enthusiasm. They start doing something enthusiastically, but lose interest and motivation after a while, because they find it hard to sustain them.
- If you wish to improve your life, you need to awaken motivation and enthusiasm. You need to realize how much you lose by their absence, and how much you gain by having them.
- If you are overweight, and you don’t have enough inner strength to exercise your body or follow a diet, you should consider strengthening your motivation to lose weight.
- If you are a student, and are too lazy to study, you need to strengthen your desire to invest more attention, time and energy in your studies.
- If you are lonely and gloomy, but wish to have love and happiness in your life, you need to kindle your desire and enthusiasm to find love. You need to awaken the desire and willingness to put time and effort into searching for someone to share your life with.
You need incentive and drive for following your big dreams, and also for the performance of minor daily tasks and chores, otherwise, laziness, absence of energy and procrastination will set in. Instead of suffering, feeling uncomfortable and passive, it would be much better to produce enough motivation to take action and do things. This will make you feel much better, happy and satisfied.
Procrastination, laziness, indifference and passivity cause unhappiness, weakness and lack of satisfaction, but being enthusiastic, motivated and active bring a sense of joy, strength and power. By getting motivated, you act, do things, take your mind off problems and difficulties and focus on finding solutions and achieving success.